The Docker Toolbox is an installer to quickly and easily install and setup a Docker environment on your Windows computer.
- Download the Docker Toobok for Windows from here.
- Execute the DockerToolbox-<version>.exe on your Windows machine
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- Confirm the location of toolbox files and click Next
- Select Full Installation or choose components by selecting Custom installation.
- Select additional tasks and click Next
- On the Summary page, click Install
- The setup finishes to create the following shortcuts in the Docker explorer
- Double click Kitematic (Alpha)
- Upon completion, this lets you login to Docker Hub and create manage containres
- You may also open Virtual Box at this stage to find the Linux VM for Docker created and running
- Switch to Docker Quickstart Terminal just installed to be able to manage docker via CLI